Leadership World | Women, Media and Technology – Susan Mernit, Mary Hodder, Judith Meskill, Carolyn Washburn, Barbara Kahn, Jan Schaffer
Women and girls are a powerful force online: They users, creators and participants, as well as marketing targets for advertisers. Yet women-led businesses and gender-balanced teams in new media are more an exception than a rule. What can some of today’s female media leaders tell us about building successful businesses, leading strong teams and creating a more egalitarian workforce?
- Mary Hodder, Founder, Dabble
- Judith Meskill, Co-Founder, Crowd Fusion
- Carolyn Washburn, Executive Editor, The Des Moines Register
- Barbara Kahn, Dean, University of Miami School of Business
- Jan Schaffer, Executive Director, J-Lab: The Institute for Interactive Journalism